Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My first blog ever

As a first time blogger, I would like to to announce that I just joined the integrative nutrition school which is like a dream come true to me, it all started 5 years back when I got married and started to learn to cook and thus go grocery shopping, this is when I noticed how much canned, Jared, ready cooked and processed foods were out there, and I got more freaked out when I decided to read the labeling ingredients and found out that even just a regular loaf of bread has about a 100 ingredients that are all things I never heard of before, I became increasingly aware of what I put in my pantry, and with reading more and more I decided to make myself a processed free kitchen :).


I started reading a lot and knowing more and more about the toxins found in processed food, and I decided to do everything at home, I got baking books and I baked the most amazing bread, I made the most delicious nutritious tomato sauce ever, I made my own yoghurt, I made my own peanut butter and i experimented with all kinds of nutritious healthy foods. now as I got deeper and deeper after having my first baby, I also announced my kitchen to be organic and chemical and hormone free as much as possible, I was very concerned about what I feed her, I proudly say i never fed her one baby food jar or baby cereal, I fed her home cooked whole grains and fresh cooked fruits and veggies and dairy and meat, she is the new intoxicated generation we need to raise the new kids to love and cherish everything that is from the ground naturally found and not from factories and big corporations, and despite all my efforts my 4 year old still loves McDonald's chocolates cake and ice cream :(.

Another turning point in my life was when my husband was diagnosed with high cholesterol, and I was dedicated to reading and reading more about natural foods to lower it down without the need for harmful medication, and thank to god we were able to put it back to its normal levels in just 4 weeks, that was astonishing to know that there is an easy and healthy solution out here that has no side effects to cure people's disease yet nobody wants to adopt it and market it because it doesn't make a lot of profit like the field of selling medicine of course.

Back then all my hopes were just to get my family to eat right, I never hoped to have this chance to change everybody else around me, I was always the person in between my Friends that they call for diet advice, exercise tips,  baby food and I looooved giving advice about food and nutrition I was so eager to spread what I know out there to everyone and stop people from eating the toxic food out here , but now i ll be able to do this more confidently with more knowledge and make money along the way :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aya, i really admire your spirit ;) well i am looking fwd to knowing more from you about healthy food and nutrition. Great Start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ammazingly excellent Aya. keep it up my dear niece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, the first was zainas comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written yoyo... I'm very excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words give us hope for a better tomorrow, with kids healthier than we are ISA.. Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice ya ayoy, didnt c your intro before, good luck habibty

    ReplyDelete